Launched by WPO and used within the GreenToken Network, the GreenToken project aims at creating the conditions for trust required to optimise the renewable energy sector thanks to Distributed Ledger Technologies (Blockchain).
Founded in 2008, WPO services over 600 wind farms and solar parks in 12 European countries and overseas.
As the world recovers from an unprecedented systemic crisis, we are all now impacted by the social and environmental challenges that prevail everywhere. We can now contribute to the fight against these dysfunctions and stimulate recovery with new and durable tools.
GreenTokens are now qualified as utility tokens by the AMF, the French Financial Markets Authority who has granted WPO a visa enabling the GreenToken Public Offering to go ahead.
The GreenToken Public Offering commences on 8th September and finishes on 12th November 2020.
GreenTokens will then be listed and traded on savitar.io from 1st December 2020.
Let’s Boost the Energy Transition!
Prepare the ground: first come, first served!
Start of GreenToken Sales: 8th September 2020
End of GreenToken Sales: 12th November 2020
GreenToken listing and trade on savitar.io: 1st December 2020
Summary of terms
Legal Token Definition
GreenTokens are digital assets, qualified as Utility Tokens, as per Article L.54-10-1 of the French Financial & Monetary Code
ERC-20 on Ethereum
ICO approved by the French Financial Markets Authority (“AMF”) under AMF Visa Number #ICO.20-189
EUR, BTC, ETH
Token Purchase Price
€ 0.95 per GreenToken
Minimum Token Purchase Amount
• The GreenToken is a digital asset qualified as a utility token within the meaning of article L. 54-10-1 of the French Monetary and Financial Code.
• It is issued, registered, and transferred using a public Distributed Ledger Technology (or Blockchain).
• The GreenToken provides access to goods and services offered by WPO and the GreenToken Network.
• Launched by WPO, the GreenToken Network aims at creating the conditions for trust required to optimise the Energy Sector thanks to Distributed Ledger Technologies.
• The GreenToken Network is composed of renowned professionals in the energy sector accepting the GreenToken as a means of payment for their goods and services in favour of the Energy Transition.
• To date, members of the GreenToken Network are:
- AREAM Smart.Green.Assets. – Infrastructure Funds & Renewable Assets Manager
- BCS ASSURANCES – Insurance Broker
- DREHPUNKT – Energy-Specialised Software Editor
- ENDIPREV – Independent Maintenance Service Provider
- ENRSUR – Insurance Broker
- GOODYIELDS CAPITAL – Infrastructure Funds & Renewable Assets Manager
- SYNERIA – Independent Technical Advisor
- TALVEG WIND – Independent Maintenance Service Provider
- WIND CLUSTER – Independent Power Producer
- WPO – Independent Asset Manager & Technical Advisor
• GreenTokens are used to stimulate and optimise renewable energy production, here and now.
• GreenTokens give access to certified goods or services, which contribute to more efficient production of renewable energy.
• GreenTokens are the tool to acquire proof of work made by the GreenToken Network in favour of energy production from renewable sources, and to take advantage of it.
• Euros (EUR), Bitcoins (BTC) and Ethers (ETH) are accepted.
• Payment by credit card, debit card, bank transfer or crypto transfer are accepted.
• Your GreenToken purchase is carried out according to the terms & conditions set out in the Information Document (Download).
• From 1st December 2020, GreenTokens will be freely traded on the exchange platform SAVITAR (www.savitar.io) or directly within the GreenToken Network.
• The GreenTokens may be listed on other exchange platforms from 2021 onwards.
• Kindly refer to the Information Document (Download).
The Public Token Offering
• A public token offering is an alternative source of public funding (similar to crowdfunding) using Distributed Ledger Technologies (or Blockchain).
• Public token offerings offer tokens that can be used in the future to acquire goods and services.
• WPO’s GreenToken Public Offering is approved by the French Financial Markets Authority (Autorité des Marchés Financiers, “AMF”) n°ICO.20-189.
• WPO's GreenToken Public Offering is the first public token offering (or ICO) in the energy sector to be approved by an independent financial authority.
• Now: Book your GreenTokens free of charge and without obligation on your part
• From 8th September 2020: Buy your GreenTokens!
• WPO's GreenToken Public Offering is aimed at natural and legal persons in France without distinction.
• GreenToken purchase requests from abroad (either country of residence or incorporation) are accepted unless they come from China, the United States of America or High-Risk Jurisdictions (List).
Euros (EUR), Bitcoins (BTC) and Ethers (ETH) are accepted.
The minimum purchase amount is €100 (or the equivalent in BTC or ETH).
• During the offer, the GreenToken is discounted from 5% to 50% lower than its Nominal Value set at 1 EUR.
• The purchase price varies from €0,95 to €0,50 per GreenToken depending on the available discounts.
• Certain public token offerings may bear the Visa of the French Financial Markets Authority (Autorité des Marchés Financiers, “AMF”).
• The AMF Visa is the official optional authorisation given by the AMF that verifies that the information provided in the Document of Information is clear, transparent and complete to bring additional confidence to investors.
• WPO’s GreenToken Public Offering is the first approval to be issued by an independent financial market authority to a public token offering or ICO in the energy sector.
• The white list of the public token offerings approved by the AMF is available here.
Plan your purchase
• Now: Book your GreenTokens free of charge and without obligation on your part.
• From 8th September 2020: Buy your GreenTokens !
• Your personal data will only be used for the sole purpose of WPO’s GreenToken Public Offering and will not be marketed.
• The documents to be collected to create your User account are listed here.
• GreenTokens are digital assets, qualified as Utility Tokens.
• GreenTokens are ERC20 tokens, the technical standard used for smart contracts on the Ethereum blockchain </
• To date, a GreenToken transaction represents the electricity consumption of around 29 kilowatt hours (kWh).
• Planned for the end of 2020, the upgrade of the Ethereum network to proof of stake (PoS) should make it possible to significantly reduce the GreenToken electricity consumption in the foreseeable future.
• GreenTokens are digital assets, qualified as Utility Tokens, as per Article L.54-10-1 of the French Financial & Monetary Code.
• The optional AMF visa n°ICO.20-189 has been delivered to WPO’s GreenToken Public Offering in accordance with the provisions of its General Regulations..
•The legal regime for public token offering is that introduced by law 2019-486 of May 22, 2019 relating to the growth and transformation of companies, known as the PACTE law.
• WPO certified goods and services are not incompatible with the European framework defined by Directive (EU) 2018/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council, relating to the promotion of the use of energy produced from renewable sources (recast) of December 11, 2018, called RED II.
Reserve your GreenTokens now
Prepare the ground: first come, first served!
Book free of charge and without obligation on your part
To receive better support
To allow us to manage your requests efficiently