• The GreenToken is a digital asset qualified as a utility token within the meaning of article L. 54-10-1 of the French Monetary and Financial Code.
• It is issued, registered, and transferred using a public Distributed Ledger Technology (or Blockchain).
• The GreenToken provides access to goods and services offered by WPO and the GreenToken Network.
• Launched by WPO, the GreenToken Network aims at creating the conditions for trust required to optimise the Energy Sector thanks to Distributed Ledger Technologies.
• The GreenToken Network is composed of renowned professionals in the energy sector accepting the GreenToken as a means of payment for their goods and services in favour of the Energy Transition.
• To date, members of the GreenToken Network are:
- ALEXIS ASSURANCES – Insurance Broker
- AREAM Smart.Green.Assets. – Infrastructure Funds & Renewable Assets Manager
- AUDIT CPA –
- BCS ASSURANCES – Insurance Broker
- DREHPUNKT – Energy-Specialised Software Editor
- ENDIPREV – Independent Maintenance Service Provider
- ENRSUR – Insurance Broker
- EQUISAFE –
- GOODYIELDS CAPITAL – Infrastructure Funds & Renewable Assets Manager
- HAVAS BLOCKCHAIN – Global communications agency
- SYNERIA – Independent Technical Advisor
- TALVEG WIND – Independent Maintenance Service Provider
- WIND CLUSTER – Independent Power Producer
- WPO – Independent Asset Manager & Technical Advisor
• GreenTokens are used to stimulate and optimise renewable energy production, here and now.
• GreenTokens give access to certified goods or services, which contribute to more efficient production of renewable energy.
• GreenTokens are the tool to acquire proof of work made by the GreenToken Network in favour of energy production from renewable sources, and to take advantage of it.
• Euros (EUR), Bitcoins (BTC) and Ethers (ETH) are accepted.
• Payment by credit card, debit card, bank transfer or crypto transfer are accepted.
• Your GreenToken purchase is carried out according to the terms & conditions set out in the Information Document (Download).
• From 1st December 2020, GreenTokens will be freely traded on the exchange platform SAVITAR (www.savitar.io) or directly within the GreenToken Network.
• The GreenTokens may be listed on other exchange platforms from 2021 onwards.
• Kindly refer to the Information Document (Download).
The Public Token Offering
• A public token offering is an alternative source of public funding (similar to crowdfunding) using Distributed Ledger Technologies (or Blockchain).
• Public token offerings offer tokens that can be used in the future to acquire goods and services.
• WPO’s GreenToken Public Offering is approved by the French Financial Markets Authority (Autorité des Marchés Financiers, “AMF”) n°ICO.20-189.
• WPO's GreenToken Public Offering is the first public token offering (or ICO) in the energy sector to be approved by an independent financial authority.
• Book your GreenTokens until 7th September 2020 free of charge and without obligation.
• From 8th September 2020: Buy your GreenTokens!
• GreenToken purchase requests are accepted from any country unless they come from the United States of America or High-Risk Jurisdictions (List).
Euros (EUR), Bitcoins (BTC) and Ethers (ETH) are accepted.
The minimum purchase amount is €100 (or the equivalent in BTC or ETH).
• During the offer, the GreenToken is discounted from 5% to 50% lower than its Nominal Value set at 1 EUR.
• The purchase price varies from €0,95 to €0,50 per GreenToken depending on the available discounts.
• Certain public token offerings may bear the Visa of the French Financial Markets Authority (Autorité des Marchés Financiers, “AMF”).
• The AMF Visa is the official optional authorisation given by the AMF that verifies that the information provided in the Information Document is clear, transparent and complete to bring additional confidence to investors.
• WPO’s GreenToken Public Offering is the first approval to be issued by an independent financial market authority to a public token offering or ICO in the energy sector.
• The white list of the public token offerings approved by the AMF is available here.
Plan your purchase
• GreenTokens are Digital Assets, qualified as Utility Tokens.
• GreenTokens are ERC20 tokens, the technical standard used for smart contracts on the Ethereum Blockchain
• To date, a GreenToken transaction represents the electricity consumption of around 29 kilowatt hours (kWh).
• Planned for the end of 2020, the upgrade of the Ethereum network to proof of stake (PoS) should make it possible to significantly reduce the GreenToken electricity consumption in the near future.
• GreenTokens are Digital Assets, qualified as Utility Tokens, as per Article L.54-10-1 of the French Financial & Monetary Code.
• The optional AMF visa n°ICO.20-189 has been granted to WPO’s GreenToken Public Offering in accordance with the provisions of its General Regulations.
•The legal regime for a public token offering is that introduced by law 2019-486 of May 22, 2019 relating to the growth and transformation of companies, known as the PACTE law.
• WPO certified goods and services are not incompatible with the European framework defined by Directive (EU) 2018/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council, relating to the promotion of the use of energy produced from renewable sources (recast) of December 11, 2018, called RED II.
When can I buy GreenTokens?
You can buy your GreenTokens now!
What will the funds raised be used for ?
Allocation of funds and Digital Assets collected in euros (where Target Amount is reached).
Allocation of funds and Digital Assets collected according to the amount reached
Summary of terms
Legal Token Definition
GreenTokens are digital assets, qualified as Utility Tokens, as per Article L.54-10-1 of the French Financial & Monetary Code
ERC-20 on Ethereum
ICO approved by the French Financial Markets Authority (“AMF”) under AMF Visa Number #ICO.20-189
EUR, BTC, ETH
Token Purchase Price
€ 0.95 per GreenToken
Minimum Token Purchase Amount
Approval of a Public Token Offering (ICO)
Pursuant to Article L. 552-5 of the Monetary and Financial Code and the General Regulation of the French Financial Markets Authority (“AMF”), in particular Article 712-9, the AMF has approved this document under the number n° ICO.20-189 dated 12/05/2020 and valid until 12/11/2020. This document has been drawn up by the issuer and entails the liability of its signatories. The approval has been granted in accordance with the provisions of Article 712-1 of the AMF General Regulation after verification by the AMF that the information document is complete and comprehensible.
The approval does not imply that the AMF has approved the appropriateness of the issuer’s project or authenticated the financial, accounting and technical information presented.
Moreover, the AMF has not carried out any verification of the smart contracts linked to the offering and and has not verified whether these smart contracts are adequate in relation to the content of the information document.
Investment in an initial coin offering as defined in Article L. 552-3 of the Monetary and Financial Code entails risks of a partial or complete loss of the investment. No guarantee is given regarding the liquidity of the tokens acquired in the offering, the existence of a secondary market for said tokens, the value of the tokens acquired in the offering and the exchange value of said tokens in legal currency. Tokens do not constitute financial instruments within the meaning of Article L. 211-1 of the Monetary and Financial Code and confer no other right than those described in the information document. In addition, the regulatory framework applicable to the offering and to the tokens as well as the tax regime applicable to the holding of tokens are not defined to date in certain jurisdictions.
The approval issued by the AMF concerns only the offering covered by this information document. As from the end of the offering, the AMF will not monitor the issuer or its project. Any communications subsequent to the offering and relating thereto will not be reviewed by the AMF.
The subscriber is invited to read section 4 “risk factors” of the information document.